Monday, March 12, 2012

Plotting for Script Frenzy... and Failing... Miserably...

My sweet daughter is sleeping next to me, and I am blankly staring at this page, trying to construct a brilliant story to center my month of April around.  April is my favorite time of year, Script Frenzy!  I hate to admit that none of my previous scripts birthed through the Screnzy process are readable... I wouldn't wish them upon my worst enemy... But, this year, I am bound and determined to create something that is, dare I say, good... or, at the least, mediocre.  You can build on mediocre.  You can't build on total crap.  Trust me, I've tried.

I'd like to write a love story.  All you need is love, right?  I don't want some boring, run of the mill love story... I want something real.  Something tangible.  Something that you watch and relate to... Something new.  Hmmmm... it's been done so much, that I can't find my new angle. 

It's not even April, and I already feel defeated.

Sometimes I know I am my own worst enemy... this would be one of those times...

“Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.”
~ Oprah


Breathe in.
Breathe out.
Move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment